Welcome to Slade Green Nursery and Primary School
A hidden gem in Slade Green, our school provides a nursery for 3-4 year olds (opened in September 2022) and a two-form entry primary with wonderful grounds regularly used for quality outdoor learning. We are a warm, welcoming and inclusive school with families from diverse faiths and cultures in and around our local area.
Haberdashers' Slade Green Primary is a place where children can become curious and independent learners, with high aspirations, who achieve great things and embrace future challenges with real confidence.
We would love you to join our community and find out what it means to be a proud Haberdasher.
- We provide an excellent Haberdashers’ education – joining us will mean being part of the Haberdashers’ family. We recognise the importance of educating the whole child, building on their strengths and celebrating individual achievements. We are #proudtobehaberdashers
- We are a happy, safe, secure and caring school where children feel included and valued. Children flourish in our friendly and nurturing environment developing personal aspiration, a lifelong love of learning and achieve their potential both academically and socially. Our children become curious and independent learners, are motivated, engaged and embrace future challenges with real confidence. Our children have outstanding behaviour, are keen to learn and have a sense of respect and responsibility towards others.
- Our inclusive and knowledge rich curriculum aims for all children to ‘Engage, Enrich and Excel’, recognises the diversity of the local and wider community and is complemented by a broad range of educational experiences. We provide enrichment through lunch clubs, after school clubs and a termly school trip/visit for each year group linked to our curriculum.
- Our strong passionate staff team are highly dedicated, having high expectations for learning, achievement, and behaviour for all children and value the contribution that every child brings to our school.
- We have an excellent Early years provision with a curriculum which develops inquisitive independent learners. This includes a new nursery for 3-4-year olds, which offers 15-hour and limited 30-hour places.
- We provide a range of opportunities where children can develop their leadership skills, empowering them to help shape our school development.
- We have unrivalled outdoor play and learning spaces, which are used from Nursery to year 6 which provide super opportunities for creative play, outdoor learning, sport and enrichment activities.
- Our children make excellent progress from Key Stage 1 into Key Stage 2 and in readiness for secondary school and our outcomes in Year 6 are well above the national average in all subjects.
- Our inclusion team provide additional support for all children, with wellbeing and good mental health as a priority. We have been awarded the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Quality mark.
- We develop happy and successful partnerships with parents and guardians and value the ideas and opinions of all our community. We provide a variety of Parent/Guardian workshops, planned to enhance the learning and social and emotional needs of our children.
Nursery applications can be made directly to us using our nursery application form.
Primary applications are made through Bexley Council's common application form. Further details on applications can be found on our primary applications page.
In year application information can be found via this link: Applying for school in-year | London Borough of Bexley. Bexley will then inform the school of the application. If a place cannot be offered at the time of applying, the child's name will be added to the waiting list for the academic year.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the Admissions Process please contact:
Mrs W Best
Telephone | 01322 402 188
Join us for a School Tour on Wednesdays at 9am. Please call us on 01322 402 188 to let us know you will be joining us.
Parents have the right to appeal under The Education Act to an independent panel, against the decision not to offer your child a place at the school for September 2024.
- Reception intake 2024 closing date for Appeals - 17th May 2024
Completed forms should be sent or handed in person to the Admissions Administrator, Haberdashers' Slade Green, Chrome Road, Slade Green. DA8 2ELHaberdashers' Slade Green Primary 2024 Appeals Form & Guidance
Appeals timetable for Primary intake 2023
15th April 2024
National Offer Day
17th May 2024
Closing date to submit Appeal
Appeal Hearing for Reception